DentalCAD 3.0 Galway: Exocad announces roll-out
DARMSTADT, Germany: Software company exocad announced that DentalCAD 3.0 Galway, with new additional improvements to reduce design time, is currently being rolled out to end users by exocad distributors. With this new release, initially made available to distributors in December 2020, the company introduced the new Instant Anatomic Morphing, offering automatic adaptation of teeth in real time, with improved speed and precision for anatomic tooth placement.
“We have systematically analysed which steps dental technicians around the world spend the most time on during restorative design,” said Tillmann Steinbrecher, exocad CEO. “Based on the extensive analysis, we developed technologies such as the new Instant Anatomic Morphing, which enables users to reduce design time by as much as 20–30%, on average*.”
“Thanks to the advanced process automation, dental technicians will get from the automatic proposal to their individual design goal faster, as the anatomy of teeth is adjusted in real time with each movement, resulting in a major increase in productivity,” added Steinbrecher.
With the new Galway release, exocad additionally introduced artificial intelligence (AI) technology for its Smile Creator. Facial features are automatically detected to achieve an aesthetic proposal faster to save valuable time when designing cases. Another new feature offers printable clip-on mock-ups of the planned anatomic result. Instead of a purely visual representation of the smile makeover on screen, patients can physically experience their new smile with try-ins, resulting in higher patient engagement and opening up new possibilities in consultation.
Inspired by Google Material Design, DentalCAD 3.0 Galway comes with a new, modern user interface and improved integration with exoplan, exocad’s implant planning software. All features of the new release are built to improve ease of use in CAD design and to expand the possibilities of digital dentistry.
With this new release, exocad introduces 90 new and 80 optimised features. Key highlights of DentalCAD 3.0 Galway include:
- New Instant Anatomic Morphing for reduced design time and increased productivity;
- AI-assisted technology for Smile Creator: facial features are automatically detected for faster smile design;
- Parametric shape adjustment: all tooth libraries are continuously adjustable from a newer to an older anatomy, seamlessly applying natural abrasion to all selected teeth;
- New and modern exocad user interface, offering a user-centred design to make digital interaction as fluid, intuitive and efficient as possible;
- New tools for easy and intuitive controlling of the individual path of insertion;
- Improved bridge connector editing with split screen view and tools to change several connectors at once for a faster workflow in every anatomic situation;
- Mock-up tooth set-ups for improved patient communication. Clip-on try-ins, wax-up models, virtually prepared models and virtual tooth extractions are now supported;
- Model Creator now supports conical stump dies for easier fitting even with lower accuracy printers; and
- Bite Splint Module can now add anatomic shapes directly to the designed bite splints.
DentalCAD 3.0 Galway is available immediately worldwide and can be accessed by all users with a valid upgrade contract. exocad names its releases after current EU European Capitals of Culture and selected the Irish city of Galway for the name of this release.
Additional information is available here.
*User test performed in February 2020. Data on file.