New exoplan 3.0 Galway now available
DARMSTADT, Germany: In December 2020, exocad, an Align Technology company, announced the availability of exoplan 3.0 Galway, the latest version of its implant planning software. The new release supports the planning of edentulous cases, including the design of surgical guides.
“We are excited to announce the release of exoplan 3.0 Galway and enthusiastic about the new possibilities it presents for guided surgery,” said Tillmann Steinbrecher, exocad CEO. “Exoplan 3.0 Galway will provide dental practices and laboratories with a digital workflow that offers maximum flexibility and builds on exocad’s mission to make CAD design as easy as using an app on a cell phone.”
Exoplan 3.0 Galway is a powerful, open, and efficient software package for virtual implant planning. Customised surgical guides can be designed using the Guide Creator software module and then produced on site—in a laboratory, a dental practice or an external production centre. The software comes with a new, modern user interface, inspired by the Google Material Design system.
With more than 40 new features as well as enhancements to over 60 existing functionalities, the Galway release represents a major expansion of capabilities in guided surgery and improved integration with DentalCAD, exocad’s dental CAD software.
Key highlights of exoplan 3.0 Galway include:
- planning of edentulous cases and design of the respective surgical guides, including necessary tools, such as dual scan protocol, anchor pin placement and fixation guide;
- surgical and fixation guides which can be freely designed or based on a prosthesis scan;
- new tools to speed up the entire planning process;
- improved implant selection dialogue;
- automatic panoramic curve detection;
- more implant libraries, now with over 500 implant systems and over 8,500 implants from more than 80 manufacturers;
- virtual tooth extraction on optical scans; and
- possibility to easily mark the sinus cavity and check whether implants are intruding.
All exocad solutions are based on the same technical platform with an open architecture, ensuring the seamless functionality of the digital workflow: from virtual prosthesis-oriented implant planning with exoplan and designing surgical guides with Guide Creator to planning and producing the implant-supported temporary and final restorations with DentalCAD, exocad’s dental CAD software.
“As the world’s premier OEM supplier of dental CAD software, we provide the symbiosis of prosthetic and implant planning,” said Steinbrecher. “Users can achieve predictable results in a cost- and time-efficient manner, which can ultimately result in increased customer satisfaction.”
Exoplan 3.0 Galway is now available in the EU and other select markets. Exocad names its releases after current EU European Capitals of Culture and selected the Irish city of Galway for the name of this year’s release. Additional information is available here.