Osstem AIC Europe―strengthening the scientific community
ESCHBORN, Germany: In 2001, Osstem Implant founded the Advanced Dental Implant Research and Education Center (AIC) and has been providing high-level education to dental implantologists ever since. During the unprecedented pandemic period, the Osstem AIC Europe online platform was launched to provide dental professionals with an essential education tool, which is expected to play a key role for the scientific community in Europe as well this year.
The Osstem AIC Europe community has been moving steadily forward over the past year. Recognising the excellence of its products and potential from the early stages, pioneers of Osstem in Europe, its current sales partners and key opinion leaders voluntarily engaged in clinical educational programmes and research activities. Therefore, users of the platform can now easily find a variety of clinical training programmes in their preferred region and language. For example, AIC Poland is actively running a training course every week.
Furthermore, Osstem’s key opinion leaders are taking the initiative to conduct clinical research and publish regular clinical reports on Osstem products. Dr Marco Tallarico, director of AIC Italy, has already published more than 20 research articles featuring Osstem products.
Transformation into a comprehensive digital platform
When most in-person events were having to be either cancelled or postponed owing to the spread of the pandemic across the globe in early 2020, the AIC Europe online education platform was introduced in May last year. By the end of the year, the platform already offered 27 free on-demand courses.
The platform was expanded with Osstem’s livestreaming symposium, Osstem Meeting Online, which broadcast various lectures and demonstrations of surgery worldwide in high-definition video format.
Currently, the platform is in the process of accommodating the demand for comprehensive information on education and research activities in Europe.
What can dental professionals expect from AIC Europe this year?
In order to compensate for limited in-person educational opportunities, Osstem is offering a considerable amount of virtual and hybrid content during the extended pandemic period. This includes:
- Osstem OnDemand, a video-on-demand seminar programme, of which the first session started on 9 February;
- Doctor’s Tip, a video-on-demand hands-on course, which will introduce the key features of must-have surgical kits and demonstrate how to use them—the first session will be unveiled at the end of March;
- Osstem Live, Osstem’s global symposium and live surgery, will be streamed, allowing viewers to interact with speakers and implantologists in the Q & A session;
- Osstem OnSite, a tool through which users can easily search for a location to attend a clinical training course at their convenience;
- Osstem Science, a scientific library, in which clinicians’ research and the results of Osstem’s technology and expertise are condensed; and
- Osstem KOL, a database of profiles and publications of key opinion leaders, which offers users networking opportunities.
Towards a stronger scientific community
In line with Osstem’s company philosophy, it looks forward to the AIC Europe online platform in order to empower clinicians to develop professionally and improve treatments for better care.
In addition to virtual activities, Osstem has resumed on-site training sessions in various countries in accordance with the relevant regulations and is introducing a new programme format to cope with the new normal in dentistry.
Furthermore, the dates of Osstem European symposiums for the next two years have been announced. The events will take place on 28 and 29 October 2022 in Rome in Italy and on 10 and 11 November 2023 in London in the UK.